Saturday, June 28, 2008

Charles Lifer and Elizabeth Beth 1879

This is the wedding photo of Elizabeth Beth and Charles William Lifer. They were married on Dec 31st in 1879 outside of Hammond, Kansas. The minister came from Fort Scott, Kansas. On the marriage license he wrote that he vouched for her being over 18. She was born at Fort Scott in 1862. Her father Richard Beth died just before she was born. He died wile serving in the Civil War with a volunteer regiment out of Fort Scott. He had served as a US Army Dragoon since their inception in 1833. They had two children Carrie who was born about 1884 and lived for four years. They had a second daughter Pearlie Mae Lifer. Pearlie had a son in 1907. Charles Edward Lifer had two children Dorothy May Lifer and Charles Laverne Lifer with Mary Griffiths. He had a son William Robert Lifer with Edna ...She died in a car accident. He had another daughter Elizabeth Ann Lifer with Ceclia. I am Elizabeth Beth and Charles William Lifer's great grand daughter. They lived on a farm in the Hammond, Kansas Area.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Alan and Ellen Jones said...

Hey Gina, I am Ellen Lifer Jones, daughter of Charles Ellis Lifer and granddaughter of the late William Lifer of Mississippi. I know I have run across your "Lifer" line before, but still am not sure where we link up.

First names definitely run in the family. My sister's daughter is named "Gina Diane". My brother is Charles Randolph Lifer.

Thanks for posting the pic. I'll forward the post along to my Lifer Clan!

Karen said...

Hi Gina, I am Karen Lifer Greenhaw, Ellen's sister. My daughter is Gina Greenhaw Mullins, newly married and living in Montgomery, AL.

FYI Peyton and Eli Manning are 4th cousins to Ellen and me, so you could be distantly related, too!

pucksdown said...

Hey Gina, I am also one of the infamous Lifers. Been dealing with the police for near 30 years but am in the jail now. My sisters Ellen and Karen can vouch for me. BTW, I have a daughter named Sarah Elizabeth and my first name is Charles. That Charles Lifer was a handsome devil wasn't he? And marrying a 17 year old. There is only one Lifer male left to pass on the name here, my son Charles Ryan Lifer, age 7.

ginny Lifer taylor said...

Hi Gina, I am Ellen, Karen and Charles sister, Virginia (Ginny) Lifer Taylor. Our dad is Charles Ellis Lifer here in Huntsville, AL. Our mom is Ann W. Lifer. They have been married like 53 years or something. Enjoyed the info on Charles and Elizabeth Lifer of 1879. I never realized that there were so many Charles Lifers.

Gina the Photographer said...

Hello Lifers ! That is something that there are so many Charles Lifers. in Germany maybe My Uncle Charles Lifer said he spoke to one of your Lifers once. My mom says she remembers your line from before also. She is really into the details and she hasn't been able to link it up. I bet we are related way back in New York or even back in Germany. Fun stuff. Gina